This position is eligible for a $10,000 sign on bonus for new graduates and a $15,000 sign on bonus for Techs with 2 years or more of experience.
*Current employees of any Northern Light Health Organization or those with service breaks less than a year are not eligible for a sign on bonus*
Under the supervision of the Cardiopulmonary Services Medical Director and Department Director, the Respiratory Therapist is responsible for providing cardiopulmonary care services in accordance with specific physician's orders, diagnostic, therapeutic and clinical assessments, provides patient education according to department policies and procedures.
• Maintains knowledge of the various methods of oxygen delivery, including the necessary equipment. Remains alert, assesses possible side effects to oxygen therapy
• Administers respiratory therapy treatments, understands the purpose of each and the possible side effects associated with each.
• Sets up and monitors invasive and non-invasive ventilation support and the associated critical care duties required for such treatment, such as airway management and tracheal suctioning.
• Able to assess patient pain interfering with optimal level of function or participation in rehabilitation -- makes appropriate physician contact for intervention.
• Performs arterial punctures to obtain arterial blood samples for blood gas analysis and understands the possible complications and contraindications associated with the procedure.
• Follows departmental equipment sterilization and inventory control procedures.
• Documents all pertinent data on the patient's medical record following completion of any service.
• Maintains a thorough knowledge of all departmental forms, flow charts, log books and their proper usage.
• Performs all additional duties as assigned by the department director.
• Performs EKGs, halter monitor, event monitor, pulmonary function testing and cardiac stress testing processes and sends reports to appropriate locations and files reports in department according to department procedure.
• Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of the differences in techniques and treatment modalities as performed on patients of varying ages, including neonate, pediatric, adolescent and geriatric patients, as well as the general patient population.
• Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of oxygen concentrations and medication doses as they relate to patients of varying ages, including neonate, pediatric, adolescent and geriatric patients.
• Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
• Manages and operates equipment safely and correctly. Inspects and tests respiratory therapy equipment to ensure that it is functioning safely and efficiently.
• Formulates a teaching plan based on identified learning needs of a patients and evaluates effectiveness of learning. Patient's family is included in teaching, as appropriate.
• Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity. Coordinates and directs patient care to ensure patients' needs are met and that hospital policy is followed.
• Demonstrates ability to assess patient, his/her need, and ability to tolerate treatment and reassessment for response to treatment.
Registered Respiratory Therapist Required.
* Respiratory Therapist
* Associate's Degree