This position is eligible for a $10,000 (minus tax) sign on bonus. Paid in full within first 2 paychecks - Promissory note required 2-year commitment. *Current employees of any Northern Light Health Organization or those with service breaks less than a year are not eligible for a sign-on bonus*
Physical therapists are health care professionals who diagnose and treat individuals of all ages, from newborns to the very oldest, who have medical problems or other health-related conditions that limit their abilities to move and perform functional activities in their daily lives. Physical therapist will evaluate each patient, develop a plan of care appropriate to the patient's needs and implement that plan of care, reassessing as needed.
o Always conduct themselves in a professional manner, including but not limited to with patients, patients’ families and co-workers o Practice the Gold Standard behaviors o Treat each patient with respect and dignity o Be compassionate in caring for all patients o Act as part of rehab team to provide the best quality of care, as needed, for each patient o Direct PTA in treatment of patients appropriately o Provide quality care to all patients o Provide excellent service to patients o Bill correctly and fairly for all service(s) rendered. o Use all supplies in a fiscally responsible manner. o Participate in continuing education of their choosing to advance their knowledge/skills o Practice according to current evidence-based practice standards o Participate in community outreach o Attend one event organized by EMHS/BHMH
Competencies and Skills
- Behaves with Integrity and Builds Trust: Acts consistently in line with the core values, commitments and rules of conduct. Leads by example and tells the truth. Does what they say they will, when and how they say they will, or communicates an alternate plan.
- Cultivates Respect: Treats others fairly, embraces and values differences, and contributes to a culture of diversity, inclusion, empowerment and cooperation.
- Fosters Accountability: Creates and participates in a work environment where people hold themselves and others accountable for processes, results and behaviors. Takes appropriate ownership not only of successes but also mistakes and works to correct them in a timely manner. Demonstrates understanding that we all work as a team and the quality and timeliness of work impacts everyone involved.
- Practices Compassion: Exhibits genuine care for people and is available and ready to help; displays a deep awareness of and strong willingness to relieve the suffering of others.
- Required Physical Therapist
- Required Bachelor's Degree