- Paramedic sign on bonus - $5,000
- Relocation Assistance Available
- Tuition Assistance / Educational Opportunities available for career advancement
- Brand New Dorm Space Available to stay onsite / Call space available at no cost
- 24-hour shifts
Provide emergency medical care, basic life support, crisis intervention, traumatic injury stabilization, and emergency transport of ill and injured individuals in critical situations within the scope of Maine EMS protocols.
• Performs duties using proper technique and following protocols related to BSI, I/C, OSHA guidelines, HIV/HBV, TB precautions. • Inventories, stocks and cleans ambulances ensuring that it is properly equipped at all times. • Takes on call assignments. • Functions as crew chief unless another EMT is present who holds a higher license. • Arranges for patient transfers from CA Dean to receiving medical facility. • Manages back up crews when needed. • Provides appropriate treatment using EMS protocols and standards for EMT-B. • Works under direct control of EMT-P of EMT-I and/or Medical Control. • Completes all patient care run reports in MEMSRRS (Maine Emergency Medical Services Run Reporting System) within timeframe specified by Maine EMS. • Provides all other emergency care within scope of practice.
Competencies and skills:
* Behaves with Integrity and Builds Trust: Acts consistently in line with the core values, commitments and rules of conduct. Leads by example and tells the truth. Does what they say they will, when and how they say they will, or communicates an alternate plan.
* Cultivates Respect: Treats others fairly, embraces and values differences, and contributes to a culture of diversity, inclusion, empowerment and cooperation.
* Fosters Accountability: Creates and participates in a work environment where people hold themselves and others accountable for processes, results and behaviors. Takes appropriate ownership not only of successes but also mistakes and works to correct them in a timely manner. Demonstrates understanding that we all work as a team and the quality and timeliness of work impacts everyone involved.
* Practices Compassion: Exhibits genuine care for people and is available and ready to help; displays a deep awareness of and strong willingness to relieve the suffering of others.
* Emergency Med Tech - Basic/Advanced/Paramedic
* No Minimum Requirement