Northern Light Health Home Care & Hospice Nursing Sponsorship Program will begin accepting applications starting from September 6, 2022 to October 4, 2022 for our spring cohort. This program is open to students in an accredited LPN or RN program.
The Sponsorship program consists of the following benefits:
1. Candidates accepted into the program will be awarded full tuition paid for up to a two-year accelerated nursing program or for the final two years of a nursing program, at their choice. These years will be considered “sponsored years”.
2. During the sponsored years, Northern Light Home Care & Hospice will pay for the employee to attend class and study for up to 24 hours per week.
3. During the sponsored years, the employee will work in a qualified position at Northern Light Home Care & Hospice for 16 hours per week. During school breaks, the employee agrees to work a full time 40 hour per week assignment. Employees accepted into the program will be considered full time and will be eligible to receive full time benefits.
4. Post NCLEX, the employee promises to remain a nurse with Northern Light Home Care & Hospice for at least five years.
To be considered, applicants must meet the following:
- Will be enrolled in a nursing program by the start of the school year or are currently enrolled in nursing school or hold an acceptance letter to be enrolled.
- Be within two years of being eligible to sit for the NCLEX.
- Have prior work experience with good recommendations, ideally in a patient care setting.
- Able to commit to 16 hours of work per week (40 hours required during school breaks).
- Strong academic standing if already enrolled in school.
When applying, please include the following documents in the application system:
- A cover letter about why they are becoming a nurse in their application.
- 3 letters of recommendation (School Officials, Supervisors, Community Leaders, etc.)
- Transcripts (all college education, high school if no college degree)
- Statement of Financial Need, to include disclosure of any scholarships/grants, etc.
- Acceptance letter from an accredited LPN or RN Program including your estimated date of graduation
BLS for Healthcare Providers is required. Current license to drive in the state of Maine, with reliable transportation and agency required auto liability insurance. Must be able to travel within assigned region, or statewide, depending on the position.
Questions? Text "25019" to 207-506-0033 for more information.
Apply today at: https://gen-emh-prd.inforcloudsuite.com/hcm/xmlhttp/shorturl.do?key=DJL
or apply at our career site at: Career Opportunities and Jobs - Northern Light Health
and search Job ID 25019.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, veteran status, national origin, or any other legally protected status.