The Northern Light Mayo Hospital RN Sponsorship program consists of the following benefits:
1. Candidates accepted into the program will be awarded full tuition paid for up to a two-year accelerated nursing program or for the final two years of a nursing program of their choice. These years will be considered "sponsored years."
2. During the sponsored years, Northern Light Mayo Hospital will pay for the employee to attend class and study, for up to 24 hours per week.
3. During the sponsored years, the employee will work at Northern Light Mayo Hospital for 16 hours per week. Employees accepted into the program will be considered full time and will be eligible to receive full time benefits. During school breaks, the employee agrees to work a full time 40 hour/per week assignment.
4. Post NCLEX, the employee promises to remain a full-time nurse with Northern Light Mayo Hospital for 5 years.
When applying, please include 1 professional letter of recommendation with your application.
To be considered, applicants must meet the following:
• Currently enrolled in an accredited school of nursing or hold an acceptance letter to be enrolled in an accredited school of nursing
• Able to commit to working 16 hours of work per week (40-hours required during school breaks)
• Maintain commitment to work 40 hours/week when not in school
The Nursing Sponsorship Student completes the coursework required to graduate from an accredited school of nursing. While going to school the student works in a clinical capacity (if holds a current clinical licenser or certification) or non-clinical capacity at Northern Light Health.
• Attend class and lab related to school and study for said classes up to 24 hours/week; work the remainder of hours when not in school or studying
BLS for Healthcare Providers is required.