Launch your healthcare career as a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)! Are you interested in making a difference in direct patient care? Consider training to become a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) at Northern Light CA Dean Hospital in partnership with Mid-Maine Regional Adult Community Education. If you are accepted into the program, you will be a full-time employee while earning your CNA certificate!
The next program starts on October 3, 2022.
About the program:
- 7 weeks – class/lab/clinical – 3 days per week (24 hours per week). Students would work 12 hours as a unit helper on a nursing unit. Combination of training and Unit Helper work time would be a total of 36 hour per week, full-time status.
- Didactic (lecture) portion of class taught via Zoom at CA Dean (with the exception of the first day of class on 10/5. Students will go to Kennebec Valley Community College in Fairfield to meet instructor, get books, etc.)
- Clinicals and labs would be completed at CA Dean.
- This program is in collaboration with Mid-Maine Adult Community Education (Waterville) and funded with support from KVCC and Maine Quality Centers.
- Students will receive a Super Shoes voucher closer to hire date to help purchase nursing attire
- There are many benefits to this program! As a full-time employee you would be eligible for all the Northern Light Health benefit offerings including, medical, dental, vision insurance, retirement savings, paid time off, wellness programs, and more!
- 18 years of age or older high school graduate or equivalent
- Maine resident
- Some travel to the greater Waterville area required for first class, study day, state exam date
- Participate in a pre-admission interview
- Pass pre-employment background check
- Pass the CASAS Assessment for the program (this is done in Waterville)
- Willing to work as a unit helper or other role while training
- Commit to Northern Light Health for two years post training.
Questions? Text "26094" to 207-506-0033
Apply today at: https://gen-emh-prd.inforcloudsuite.com/hcm/xmlhttp/shorturl.do?key=D7V
or go to our careers page at: Career Opportunities and Jobs - Northern Light Health
and enter Job ID 26094
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, veteran status, national origin, or any other legally protected status.