Northern Light Health not only offers competitive benefits, generous paid time off, and great work/life balance, but is also committed to growing our staff through scholarships, experiential opportunities, and career pathways.
Northern Light Mayo Hospital
Department: Environmental Services
Position is located: Mayo Hospital
Work Type: Part Time Eligible
Work Schedule:3:00 PM to 11:30 PM
When performing housekeeping duties, maintains cleanliness and neatness of hospital, and other hospital owned buildings. When performing laundry duties, provides clean, sanitary, and adequate linen to all departments.
• Works flexible schedule to provide adequate staffing as needed.
• Has cross trained on all functions of Environmental Services
• Assists in training new co-workers
• Submits Engineering work orders when needed
• Cleans and vacuums equipment and cleans dryer lint screens daily.
• Neatly folds and stores linen and scrubs.
• Distributes clean linen and picks up soiled linen as needed
• Inspects linen for condition and cleanliness as needed.
• Repairs, marks and stamps linen as needed.
• Accurately records linen weight and assigns to the correct department
• Performs housekeeping duties in all areas of the hospital as assigned
• Reads and follows SDS for all chemicals used.
• Performs correct waste disposal.
• Demonstrates correct cleaning procedures according to department policy.
• Operates auto scrubber and i-mop when needed or time is available
• High dusts in all areas whenever possible
• Understands there is always extra cleaning that can be done and can give examples
• Cleans housekeeping cart on a regular basis
• Uses Vocera properly including proper hand off of the first floor Vocera to the evening crew.
• Practices the "no pass zone" policy.
• Exhibits good team building skills.
Competencies and skills:
* Behaves with Integrity and Builds Trust: Acts consistently in line with the core values, commitments and rules of conduct. Leads by example and tells the truth. Does what they say they will, when and how they say they will, or communicates an alternate plan.
* Cultivates Respect: Treats others fairly, embraces and values differences, and contributes to a culture of diversity, inclusion, empowerment and cooperation.
* Demonstrates Adaptability: Learns quickly when facing a new problem or unfamiliar task; is flexible in their approach with changing priorities and ambiguity. Manages change effectively and does not give up during adversity. Capable of changing one's behavioral style and/or views in order to attain a goal. Absorbs new information readily and puts it into practice effectively.
* Effectively Communicates: Listens, speaks and writes appropriately, using clear language. Communication methods are fitting to the message(s), audience, and situation and follow-ups are regular and timely. Shows that important (non-) verbal information is absorbed and understood and asks further questions to clarify when necessary. Expresses ideas and views clearly to others and has ability to adjust use of language to the audiences' level.
* Fosters Accountability: Creates and participates in a work environment where people hold themselves and others accountable for processes, results and behaviors. Takes appropriate ownership not only of successes but also mistakes and works to correct them in a timely manner. Demonstrates understanding that we all work as a team and the quality and timeliness of work impacts everyone involved.
* No previous experience required.
* Practices Compassion: Exhibits genuine care for people and is available and ready to help; displays a deep awareness of and strong willingness to relieve the suffering of others.
* Potential exposure to abusive and/or aggressive people.
* Potential exposure to diseases or infections.
* Potential exposure to hazardous materials.
* Lifting, moving and loading 20 to 30 pounds.
* Continuous standing.
* Continuous walking.
Equal Opportunity Employment:
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status.