Northern Light Inland Hospital
Department: RHC - Madison-Skowhegan
Position is located: Inland Family Care RHC Mad/Skowhegan
Work Type: Full Time
FTE: 1.000000: 40 hours per week
Work Schedule: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Eligible for a $3,500.00 (less taxes) sign on bonus, paid out in installments with a work commitment.
*NLH member employees and those with a service break less than one year are not eligible.
Performs basic direct patient care duties, including secretarial/registration duties, under the supervision of a Registered Nurse / Nurse Practitioner.
• Exhibits a positive professional attitude with supervisors, co-workers, and patients. • Functions as an assistant to the Walk-In Care providers and is an integral member of the Walk-In Care Team. • Responsible for direct patient care within the scope of their CNA license including but not limited to wound care, EKG’s, vital signs, lab specimen collection including phlebotomy, specimen delivery, transportation of patients, and helping to facilitate patient flow through Walk-In Care. Will work with the Walk-In Care electronic bed board to place patients in appropriate rooms and communicate with members or the Walk-In Care staff. • Assists with drawing /processing specimens including CLIA waived testing (with education and provider oversite) with proper identification and documentation. • Cleans patient rooms between patients to ensure readiness at all times. • Responsible for daily, weekly and monthly inspections to include refrigerator/freezer logs, EKG, oxygen tanks, AED and other items as assigned. • Assists with stocking and ordering of supplies. • Performs clerical/secretary functions in Walk-In Care when required. • Is supportive of department and hospital goals, philosophies and objectives. • Adheres to Inland Hospital Standards of Behavior, Hand Hygiene Standards, and Policies and Procedures. • When needed registers all types of patients into the computer systems or uses downtime system when appropriate. Maintains 95% accuracy when obtaining information. Ensures all patients are properly identified. • Is able to troubleshoot common routine problems associated with the dept’s office equipment i.e. computer, printer fax and copier, scanner etc. Oversees the repair of this equipment to ensure its proper functioning at all times. Communicates issues to manager. • Demonstrates the ability to adapt and adjust to changes in unit activity • Census fluctuation, change in patient acuity and/or activity.
Competencies and Skills
- Behaves with Integrity and Builds Trust: Acts consistently in line with the core values, commitments and rules of conduct. Leads by example and tells the truth. Does what they say they will, when and how they say they will, or communicates an alternate plan.
- Cultivates Respect: Treats others fairly, embraces and values differences, and contributes to a culture of diversity, inclusion, empowerment and cooperation.
- Demonstrates Adaptability: Learns quickly when facing a new problem or unfamiliar task; is flexible in their approach with changing priorities and ambiguity. Manages change effectively and does not give up during adversity. Capable of changing one's behavioral style and/or views in order to attain a goal. Absorbs new information readily and puts it into practice effectively.
- Demonstrates Emotional Intelligence: Exhibits a high level of self-awareness, self-management, other awareness and relationship management. Conducts themselves in an empathic, appropriate way, with a sense of humor and stimulates a collaborative work environment. Is respectful of the attitudes, feelings, or circumstances of others and aware of the influence of their own behavior on them. Is aware of relevant social, political, system, and professional trends and developments and uses this information for the organization's benefit.
- Effectively Communicates: Listens, speaks and writes appropriately, using clear language. Communication methods are fitting to the message(s), audience, and situation and follow-ups are regular and timely. Shows that important (non-) verbal information is absorbed and understood and asks further questions to clarify when necessary. Expresses ideas and views clearly to others and has ability to adjust use of language to the audiences' level.
- Exercises Sound Judgment & Decision Making: Understands and processes complex information, which allows for appropriate and accountable conclusions. Does not react too quickly or slowly. Balances facts, goals, and potential approaches taking the appropriate criteria into account. Makes active decisions and commits oneself by communicating confidently and respectfully.
- Fosters Accountability: Creates and participates in a work environment where people hold themselves and others accountable for processes, results and behaviors. Takes appropriate ownership not only of successes but also mistakes and works to correct them in a timely manner. Demonstrates understanding that we all work as a team and the quality and timeliness of work impacts everyone involved.
- Practices Compassion: Exhibits genuine care for people and is available and ready to help; displays a deep awareness of and strong willingness to relieve the suffering of others.
- Promotes Health and Safety: Promotes a healthy and safe environment for patients, employees and visitors. Advocates and models healthy physical and mental health behaviors even in challenging circumstances. Sets high quality standards and strives for continuous improvement and quality assurance by reporting and encouraging others to report near misses and safety issues.
- Provides Patient-Centered Care: Demonstrates understanding of patient care quality and service as organizational priority. Proactively supports change to improve patient experience and results. Exhibits the ability and willingness to find out what the patient wants and needs and to act accordingly, taking the organizational and outside resources into account. Cooperates, collaborates, communicates, and integrates care within and between teams to ensure that care is continuous and reliable.
- Serves Others: Strives to understand, meet and exceed the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers which may include the people and communities in our service areas. Develops and maintains relationships, alliances and coalitions within and outside the organization and leverages them in order to obtain information, support, and promote cooperation and collaboration.
- Utilizes Resources Effectively: Understands how to get the most out of available resources and uses cost-benefit thinking in decision-making and in setting priorities. Monitors and analyzes resource usage to identify and eliminate areas of waste and maximize resources. As a leader, defines targets and provides appropriate means; oversees progress and makes adjustments when necessary. Appropriately delegates work, sets clear direction and manages workflow and time.
- Required Certified Nursing Assistant
- Required High School Diploma/General Educational Development (GED)
- Potential exposure to abusive and/or aggressive people.
- Potential exposure to diseases or infections.
- Potential exposure to hazardous materials.
- Potential exposure to noise levels being uncomfortable.
- Potential exposure to noxious odors.
- Potential exposure to very hot or cold temperatures.
- Work with computers, typing, reading or writing.
- Lifting, moving and loading 20 to 30 pounds.
- Prolonged periods of sitting.