Northern Light Mayo Hospital
Department: Patient Financial Services
Position is located: Physician Billing- Dover Foxcroft
This role can be performed remotely anywhere in the United States with the exception of California
Primary responsibility is to bill assigned third party payors either by manual or electronic submission using specific third-party billing criteria. Accounts must be followed-up until payment is received or determination is made that no benefits are due. Also communicates with patients and references their accounts.
• Assumes responsibility of being a team player in department procedures and attitudes.
• Takes responsibility in sharing information gained through educational opportunities that enhances job knowledge and/or skills
• Promotes a professional atmosphere in actions, appearance and words.
• Uses appropriate/professional telephone etiquette i.e., courtesy, returns calls timely, leaves appropriate messages when scheduled off.
• Takes initiative to improve self and services provided to all customers.
• Works each CPSI billing report for all bill runs per CPSI/Dept guidelines. On a weekly basis performs account maintenance necessary for timely release, reports system issues appropriately.
• Documents accounts clearly and timely.
• Reviews payments and/or denials timely for accuracy and follows up with payor on questionable reimbursement i.e., contract discount.
• Follows-up on unpaid accounts submitted more than 60 days from the insurance file date and takes the appropriate action to resolve.
• Accurately prepares the daily office deposit in a timely manner.
• Resolves patient complaints/concerns in an appropriate and timely manner. Forwards patient complaints through the hospital's occurrence insight process when necessary.
Competencies and skills:
* Behaves with Integrity and Builds Trust: Acts consistently in line with the core values, commitments and rules of conduct. Leads by example and tells the truth. Does what they say they will, when and how they say they will, or communicates an alternate plan.
* Cultivates Respect: Treats others fairly, embraces and values differences, and contributes to a culture of diversity, inclusion, empowerment and cooperation.
* Fosters Accountability: Creates and participates in a work environment where people hold themselves and others accountable for processes, results and behaviors. Takes appropriate ownership not only of successes but also mistakes and works to correct them in a timely manner. Demonstrates understanding that we all work as a team and the quality and timeliness of work impacts everyone involved.
* Practices Compassion: Exhibits genuine care for people and is available and ready to help; displays a deep awareness of and strong willingness to relieve the suffering of others.
* High School Diploma/General Educational Development (GED)
* Potential exposure to noise levels being uncomfortable.
* Work with computers, typing, reading or writing.
* Extend body and limbs to reach items.
* Lifting, moving and loading 20 to 30 pounds.
* Prolonged periods of sitting.
* Prolonged periods of standing.
* Prolonged periods of walking.