Held every 3rd Saturday of July - Summerfest will be July 15th this year. Offering a variety of family fun activities throughout the day and ending with a fireworks display at dusk.
Rules for the "Anything that Floats Race"
ANYTHING THAT FLOATS RACE RULES
1. Boats must be constructed of materials not originally intended for a boat or its flotation device. Canoes can be used, but
only if filled with water.
2. The following are approved materials: wood, plastic, cardboard, Duct Tape, rope or string, paint, wax, cloth and glue.
3. The following materials are prohibited: Styrofoam, metal (except fasteners), rubber, sharp edges, and any material that can harm the environment.
4. Should your craft self-destruct at any time during the race you must remove all debris from the water.
5. You must dispose of all materials at the end of the race. DO NOT leave in on the shore. Failure to remove materials will
result in a forfeiture of prizes.
6. All entries must pass a pre-race inspection. All participants must wear life preservers.
7. Human propulsion only. Paddles may be of any material. Swim fins may also be used, but not on participants’ feet.
8. There must be a minimum of 1 person and a maximum of 5 people on the craft.
9. Minimum age of entry is 8 years old. A parent or guardian (not necessarily in the race) must accompany entrants under 18 years old.
10. All entrants must sign a waiver before the race
11. Each craft must sport a name. Monson Recreation will assign a number.
12. Race starts behind Monson Post Office and ends at Lakeshore House. Entry fee is $5 per craft.